Translate

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Never Give Up

One of the beauties of being a Christian and following the Lord Jesus is how we have a loving father in heaven who intervenes for us when we experience rough times. In times that are good our prayers become one of asking God to provide us with our abundance.  When times are painful we ask God to give us what we need just to get through the day.  I guess this is why suffering actually brings us closer to the father.

As a earthly father I am less impressed when my son comes to me begging to give him that item he has been looking at for a while than I am when my son comes to me looking for comfort and guidance.  My reaction when he comes wounded is to open up my arms and give him a warm embrace and then to reassure him that every thing is going to be OK.  Our heavenly father wants us to call out to him when we are hurting because then he can remind us of His love for us and reassure us that things will be OK.

When I saw this video it really illustrated the father's love for us.  It illustrates to me that when we are going through times of suffering God does want to reach out to us, like the father in this video, and help us. Won't you call out to your heavenly father and thank him for being there for you??

No comments:

Post a Comment