Translate

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Breathing

In the last several weeks I have struggled with a bad cold which at times has made it difficult to breath. Any slightest physical effort would send me into a spasm trying to catch my breath.  It amazes me how we take for granted the mere act of breathing until we come down with a simple cold.

 Our daughter, Maria,  had Asthma which made it hard for her to breath whenever cold and flu season came around the corner. There were times in her beginning years where we had to have her hospitalized because of her low oxygen levels.  Our family had to become well verse in giving her the proper home based treatments. Her life depended on us.  We had her treatments down to a regimen.

 First there was the nebulizer treatments and then there was the bronchial dilation we did with her which consisted of firm but slight taps on the front and back of her lungs and finally there was coughing up of the stuff in her lungs.   Almost immediately, she felt more alive and more energetic.  While mom and dad were responsible for doing the actual treatments my son was put in charge to entertain his sister with a good book.

This being the Easter season I was reminded that when Jesus hung on the cross it was hard for him to breath the way he was hanging on that cross. It took effort on Jesus's part to take a breath of fresh air.The cross was meant to be a painfully slow process of dying. Death came not long after the guards broke Jesus's knee caps causing him to collapse under his sheer weight and bringing about the cessation of his breathing.

So you see, we do have a God who truly understands the pain we go through and we have a God who will come to our aide to help us through whatever we are going through.   When the day comes when we take our final breath on earth you can rest assure that when we are in Christ your next breath will be taken in heaven without any earthly impairment.  May this Easter season be life changing for you family as you remember that we have a Savior who understands our pain and physical afflictions.

1 comment:

  1. If you do not know the Savior I encourage you to say these words to invite him into your life:
    "Dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, imperfect,and I know that no matter what I do in this life I can never earn salvation. I know that you died on the cross for my sin's, was buried and rose again from the dead and I open up the door to my heart and invite you in to be with me forever."

    ReplyDelete