Translate

Monday, April 9, 2012

How blessed are we to have musicians among us!!

We at New Hope church are incredibly blessed to have such a wide array of musicians among us!  I was thinking of that as I stood singing the praise songs this Easter morning. I watched with admiration as my wife, Linda, sang her heart out along with the rest of the choir on this glorious resurrection Sunday.  She loves to sing and I am sure when our choir sang that morning it was like sweet perfume drifting up to heaven!

My son James is the same way.  God has blessed him with a great set of hands and a great knack to turn an ordinary keyboard into a thing of beauty. His first piano teacher noticed that about him the very first lesson she had with him. He was perfect in hitting the right keys and turning the notes into a thing of beauty.

Music was something, I think, that helped both my wife and son to grieve.  My wife loved listening to worship music when no one was home and it was her way of pouring out the emotional heartache to the Lord. James did the same thing.  He would often come home and at some point would gravitate to the piano and play for long periods of time, or whenever his fingers would start hurting, sad and forlorn songs.  It was his way of pouring out his emotional heart ache to the Lord.

At our daughter's celebration of life service we had our son's New song Kid's Choir sing at the service. These kids must have had supernatural strength because they all song with such poise as Maria;s casket sat in the middle of the front of the sanctuary. The songs they sang was their way of pouring out their emotional heartache to the Lord.  My son sat with his choir during the non singing parts because these friends were able to support him during the most painful time in his life.

I, for one, love music. It doesn't mean I can sing, but I enjoy listening to popular Christian music in the car on the way to work, or singing in the Sanctuary where ever we worship. Listening is my way of pouring out my emotional heart ache to our God.

So no matter where we worship we are blessed to have musicians among us. Their ability to sing, or play an instrument helps us in preparing our hearts to receive the word of God. Oh how we are blessed to have musicians among us!!  I decided to include a clip from one of  the New Song Kid's Choir songs. Let it be a blessing as you begin the new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment