Translate

Monday, November 5, 2012

I have the greatest family a man could ever ask for...




Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 106:1

I have the greatest family a man could ever ask for and to think that God knew in his mind who would be my wife and and my son is absolutely incredible.  Five years ago when our family was tossed into the sea bellows of grief God came along side our family and lovingly helped us through the biggest storm of our lives. Today, I can honestly say that each of us have come out stronger than the day we first went in!

I am so proud of my son, who is now a senior, for his spiritual maturity. He is a quiet leader. I remember going to my knees many times asking God to help my son get through his grief because I knew that the loss of his sister was a pivotal moment that sends a lot of people running from God, not to Him. God was faithful and sent many believer's to help guide his course.

I am especially proud of my wife who continues to be the woman of strength and my soul mate.  It wasn't easy to lose a daughter and to be thankful that we had each other when in the beginning of the loss seeing each other was a reminder that our daughter was gone.  Yet, we made a conscious decision that as we grieve in very separate ways that we would put one foot in front of the other and obediently worship the Lord on the Sabbath together. The past couple of years I have smiled as I watched my wife as she sings with the church choir and thinking that God really does make all things new again.

If you are in a marriage where it is hard to love your spouse I encourage you to trust God to help restore your relationship.  When he brought the two of you together in the beginning it wasn't by accident.  He knew what he was doing. Each day make a conscious effort, like we did, to put one foot in front of the other and keep on honoring the Lord on the Sabbath as a couple and in time you just may have a hint of a smile as you watch your spouse ministering and using their talents.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks my dear!
    Being in choir has been healing for me;
    I'm glad it also has been for you.
    "Step by Step He leads us,
    and we will follow All of our days!"

    ReplyDelete