Translate

Thursday, November 29, 2012

The other day our friend Paul met 4 young friends who he learned never really had a chance to enjoy life as he did on earth







As Paul worked on the grand piano in his work shop he remembered the conversations he had with Matty, Maria, Joshua and Suzanne and how in their earthly lives a physical impairment prevented them from climbing the trees they were now climbing in heaven. He thought of his own earthly impairment which seem to take it's toll on his earthly body before it  gave out the day of the deadly car crash when he felt this instant warm glow and the very presence of  God's angels who brought him home to the equipment room where he was about to see first hand God's promise of making all things new again.

On this day in heaven Paul decides to hang up his carpenter's tools and head down to the outdoor amphitheater where he would  enjoy listening to praise music at the shore of the pristine and sparkling lake with smells that were free from milfoil he was so use to smelling on the lakes in Minnesota. As he headed for the area where the singing would take place he could hear the crisp sounds of the blue jays, robins and chickadees as though they were their own angelic choir. He watched as other little kids were playing and having the time of their lives and as he watched he wondered about each of their stories of what their life might have been like in their previous earthly existence.

In the distance he could see Jesus milling around giving people hugs.  Then Jesus saw Paul and walked toward him. When he came closer he could hear him.

Jesus:  " Paul, I got a prayer call from your wife and children. They were each asking for strength to help them through their weak moment and each of them asked me to give a hug to their daddy."

Paul got his hug from Jesus.

Paul: " How is my family doing?
Jesus: " Paul, you do not have to worry for them.  I have sent good and well grounded people into their lives to help them through this time.  Your wife is involved in a support group of Christian's who lost spouses and she is finding a common bond with these people.

Paul: " and my children?"
Jesus: " I have covered each of your children with a protective shield at this time and once their mom has worked through her grief I will begin to help each of your children work through their grief."

Paul: " Jesus, I can't wait to tell my earthly family all the new friends I have met here in heaven. Nor can I wait to show them the sheer beauty of this place. It is never a boring moment."

Jesus:" Remember when you were down there I encouraged you to read the bible where you could learn God's story and how out of reading you came to know me as your personal savior?"

Paul: " I sure do."

Jesus: " and how I walked with you and helped you with some of the critical decisions of your life? and how you honored me by being my witness to all who needed to hear my story of salvation.?"

Paul:" I do ."

Jesus: " It is the same way now for your family and unsaved friends down there. I desire that  God's word reach every person on earth because I do not want to see anyone to perish.

Paul: " It is too bad we couldn't just televise real time images back to them and then they will know and believe."

Jesus: " If it was that simple, but even without the doing the things you suggest I continue to be working in the lives of many men, woman and children who are every day bringing people to completely changed lives."

Paul: " I believe."

Jesus:  " Paul, when you accepted me as your savior you began to experience the abundant life,  I became your anchor to help stabilize you through the storms of that life. Those who accept me as their savior will also experience the abundant life and I will reveal to each of them how I will use them."

Paul:  " and when their time has come and they come home to this place they will equally and truly be amazed how all things are made new again".

Jesus: " that's right Paul"

Jesus continues walking and giving more hugs from loved ones on earth.
As Paul continue walking he began to hear the crisp sounds of the children's choir and up on the stage he saw his new friends, Matty, Joshua, Maria and Suzanne all singing to the delight of those present. He took a seat on the grass and let the sounds of the choir and the beauty of this place soak in.

No comments:

Post a Comment