Translate

Monday, November 26, 2012

One day in Heaven with our friend Paul





One day in heaven with our friend Paul

As you may recall we last left Paul after he had been out running in his new spiritual body before meeting at a reception in his honor where he got to see people from his past he hadn’t seen since they went to heaven.


Paul decides to stop in to see Jesus before heading off to work.


Jesus: “ Good to see you again, Paul” . Jesus gives Paul a hug.


Paul: “ You know I cannot believe how much more beautiful heaven really is than what my mind imagined it to be!”

Jesus: “However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"


Paul: “ I know that verse Jesus! That is out of the new testament book I Corinthian’s 2-9! I remembered memorizing that verse in college!”


Jesus: “ I remembered how much you loved being involved in the Campus Crusade for Christ ministry and having such a fervent desire within you to meet with your small group”.


Paul: “ I remembered being blessed with Christians in my dorm who helped me find that ministry and how I wondered for a split second whether I had made the wrong choice for colleges”.


Jesus: “ Little did you know Paul that I knew what you needed and when you needed it.”


Paul: “ I know.” As he pondered to reflect on his earthly life,” how easy it was for me to forget about your presense,”

Jesus: You didn’t know that it was by design that I placed you in that upper class dorm where your Christian neigbors would also be well respected football players.”


Paul: “ I didn’t know” He pondered some more with his thougths. “ But you were right about all my questions being answered once I arrived in heaven.”


Jesus: “ How do you like your new job here?”


Paul: “ I love it! Being a carpenter was something I always wanted to be… I remembered my great granddad loved working with wood and my dad also enjoyed creating something out of wood.”

Jesus: “ I bet you didn’t realized that heaven would be a place where would be working?”


Paul: “ I hadn’t, but it makes sense. After all if we are spending eternity then there would have to be a need for people using their skills in performing productive things.”


Jesus: I also bet you didn’t realize that the food in heaven would be so flavorful?"

Paul: “ Jesus, that is the awesome part! First I am given this brand new Spiritual body where I can run and not get tired and then I get these incredible taste buds that allows me to taste the food like I had never tasted at any time on earth!!


Jesus: “ I promised that this new place would be nothing that you had ever experienced on earth and that heaven would be a never boring place to be!”


Paul: “ You are so right about that.” “ I suppose I should get back to the workshop.”


Jesus: “ What are your hands creating today?”


Paul: “ I am making grand piano for a person who loves to play.”


Jesus: “ I can’t wait to hear how it sounds when you are done!”

Paul: “ I can’t either and I am enjoying evey moment of my labor doing it!” Paul walks toward the exit.” Well, I will see you later Jesus!” Paul trots back to his work shop waving to Jesus behind him.


That was a typical day in heaven and a typical day in the life of our friend Paul where every day in heaven is extraordinary and where the food is zestfully good and where people joyfully perform work.

No comments:

Post a Comment