Translate

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Leaning into God helps us with our grief



I must admit that I am a man who is sensitive to the emotions associated with loss. Not being someone who desires to bury deep within the pain I feel, I choose instead to bring those emotions to God. The God who created the universe, who created male and female, who came in the flesh to show me the way, who died on the cross for my sin's and rose from the dead and came back to life is the same God who wants to restore me after enduring losses.

I  know that the one thing that has kept me moving forward in life is rising every Sunday morning and attending Worship services, singing and praising the Lord, hearing the God breathed word  through the mouths Pastors and being encouraged and encouraging others who are struggling in life.

God did not make us to be lone spiritual rangers who attend bedside baptist and listen to radio church services, but he made us to have fellowship with other believers.  As my 12 year son said to me shortly after Maria's death, " why do we have to go church when we do not feel like going?" My response to my son was " you know you're right, we could all stay home because we don't feel like going to church, but if we do we may miss out on opportunities where we  might be blessed by a kind word, a gentle hug from a fellow believer who out of their sorrow want to touch our lives in some way.

So the next time you get the inkling to stay home on a Sunday morning ask yourself the following question: what blessing, or kind word might I miss out on staying home?

No comments:

Post a Comment