Translate

Monday, June 4, 2012

Father's, do not abandoned your families


But as for me and my household we will serve the Lord'                                 

Tonight, I kept hearing the sound of valuable china vases falling off their stands and shattering on the floor below. As the winds picked up I heard the sound of breaking china all over the place. One by one these vases shattered into a million particles of brokenness. Once held as precious and valued these vases now lied broken and forgotten.

If each of these china vases represented a family and with the shifting of the winds of dissension the family lies broken you can see why I see pain in those shards of glass.

Last night at one of our last open houses my wife and I had a good conversation with a recent graduate who now is in his 2nd year at a Christian university where he is studying business finance. He shared the brokenness that shattered his family when his dad left them. He shared the brokenness of not really knowing how he would be able to return to the same university to finish his degree.  As he spoke I again could hear the sound of china vases breaking into a million shards of glass.

Where are the men who are willing to take a stand for Christ? Who are willing to be role models and mentors for their children and protectors of their wives?  Where are the men who are willing to stand up and exclaim, " As for me and my household we will serve the Lord" (Joshua 24:15)?  Where are the men who are willing to take a stand against lust and every evil thing in this world?  Where are the men who are willing to uphold their wife and children as precious china vases and protect those vases from worldly harm.

Men, when you abandoned your family for the lust of the world you are causing irreparable harm to your wife and children which may take years and even decades for them to recover.  I encourage men everywhere to take a stand today to do what it takes to put your marriages back together so those precious china vases can be protected from being broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment