Translate

Monday, May 15, 2017

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me


I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

I'm concern with all the self-loathing comments people make Comments like, 'I'm too fat, I'm not smart enough, I can't get another job, I'm too fat, I don't want to be in pictures' What people may not know is they are special, uniquely made in the image of God. God? Really?   In Genesis 1:27 we read these words:


So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him; 
male and female he created them.



To take this further, when Jesus died on the cross, came back to life, before ascending to take His place in heaven he promised us this from the New testament book of John:

 “I have told you this while I’m still with you. 26 However, the helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything. He will remind you of everything that I have ever told you.
 “I’m leaving you peace. I’m giving you my peace. I don’t give you the kind of peace that the world gives. So don’t be troubled or cowardly. 28 You heard me tell you, ‘I’m going away, but I’m coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I’m going to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am.


When you think of it, those of us who have Christ have a living hope to inspire us to do great things. There would be no more need to make self-loathing statements, but yo will be able to confidently set lifestyle goals you can achieve- goals like improving one's health, eating better foods, and getting out and walking more. With Jesus, it is as though you have your own personal superhero!


Now, that is worth shouting a loud hallelujah about!

No comments:

Post a Comment