Translate

Monday, June 5, 2017

Yesterday, we honored a young lady at her graduation open house

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. 



Linda and I had a great day experiencing worship at New Hope  Church and then joining long time friends of ours to honor their daughter as she ventures into the world where God will paint a beautiful masterpiece on her canvass, and when it is completed she will enter the world with her talent to bless others. 

This year's graduating Legacy Christian Academy class of 2017  experienced the loss of a classmate when the car she was riding in was hit by a truck. She was laid to rest at the same cemetery as our daughter, just several plots over.  I reminded her dad who was pretty sure her parents were coming to this open house that it really didn't surprise me they didn't come because at this stage of their grief they have just barely enough energy to get out of bed, much less venture outdoors. I was hoping the parents of that girl would have been there because I wanted to meet them and be a face of hope that it is possible to heal from the loss of a child. Just before leaving I mentioned that Linda and I would love to come over to meet them over a meal. 

I've learned in my journey that God truly understands what we're experiencing when it comes to the deep forlorn pain of loss. I've also learned that his love for humanity was so great that he was willing to sacrifice his own Son, Jesus, so that all may come to him. I've also learned that God's voice is often heard best when we are hurting, feeling isolated and alone.  As our hearts ache, God's gentle voice speaks through the Holy Spirit within us words of encouragement and hope.

The current class of 2017 has the assurance that He will be with each of them wherever life leads them, and He promises that he will never forsake them no matter what happens to them in life. He will help them celebrate life's successes and he will be there when sudden losses happen to them.

God truly is an Amazing God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment