Translate

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Our God is Faithful


                                                                           

I was humbled this week at seeing God's hand in helping us through the car problems.  Yesterday, I really stressed out when at noon I heard this clump and the next thing I knew it my car felt very wobbly and when you drove faster than 15 mph it really shook. It was shake, rattle and roll all the way to the Firestone station. The mechanic put the car on the hoist and about a 1/2 later came back with the keys and wrote up his order form. The service manager explained to me that the car's inner and outer tie rods were completely shot and needed replacement. He also said that I will need a new rod and also pointed to these two upward connectors and said those have to be replaced. Total bill  would had been 1300.00. Ouch!

I proceeded to drive across the parking lot aka shake, rattle and roll, to another independently owned garage. They put it on the hoist and came back presented the order to the service manager who told me that the inner tie rods were shot ( not the outer ones) Feeling relieved I asked how much. He said it was pretty labor intensive and then said it will probably be in the 600 dollar range. Ouch again!  Well, I decided to park my car and grab a ride from my beautiful wife.  That night I sent a message on facebook asking anyone for suggestions on where might there be a honest auto service center.  I got several possible suggestions that night. That night I was stressed out which kept me awake until I decided that my way wasn't working and lifted up the prayer request to the Lord.

The next day I called JPT auto service and liking what I heard I decided to use one of my AAA tows to get it over to them.  Two hours later they called me to say that the job will be done within a 1/2 hour. When I got to the garage they showed me the bill.  The total was only 229.00 for the replacement of two inner tie rods. In addition, they replaced a bearing on the air conditioning pulley which now makes the car MUCH quieter.

When I picked up my wife from her temporary job she told me that the hundred dollar bill she found on the floor and turned in was never claimed.  The lady returned the hundred dollar bill to her and said it was hers. She found this hundred dollar bill the day she found out that she DIDN'T get the permanent position at the college she had applied at.

Our God faithful in helping us through whatever it is that ails us. Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail). Psalm 55:22 (AMP)  My wife may not have a permanent job right now, but I know that He will eventually open up the door to the absolute perfect job for her.  Our family may be going through  struggles, but I know that it is the family of God that sustains us and helps us to conquer whatever we face.
                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment