Translate

Sunday, May 13, 2012

When you experience a loss of a loved one it is normal to wonder about heaven


                                                                          

 In the Complete Jewish Bible I read these words:“Don’t let yourselves be disturbed. Trust in God and trust in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many places to live. If there weren’t, I would have told you; because I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 Since I am going and preparing a place for you, I will return to take you with me; so that where I am, you may be also. 4 Furthermore, you know where I’m going; and you know the way there.”  Those were the words of Jesus as he spoke to his disciples as a reminder that his purpose was to remind you that God has a very special place for all of us in a place we know as Heaven.  When you lose a loved one it is quite normal to want to know more about this place and this about where we would go gives us the purpose for living in the here and now.  

When all the world is falling apart we can still feel the inner presence of Christ to be our guide. When there is financial calamity and our personal security is threatened it is comforting knowing that we have a Savior who a few thousand years ago came to earth to remind his believers that God is very real and our lives do have a purpose.  


“I have told you these things while I am still with you. 26 But the Counselor, the Ruach HaKodesh, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything; that is, he will remind you of everything I have said to you.
 “What I am leaving with you is shalom — I am giving you my shalom. I don’t give the way the world gives. Don’t let yourselves be upset or frightened. 28 You heard me tell you, ‘I am leaving, and I will come back to you.’ If you loved me, you would have been glad that I am going to the Father; because the Father is greater than I.
 “Also, I have said it to you now, before it happens; so that when it does happen, you will trust.

Yes, we have a wonderful God who reminds us in his word how much we are truly loved.  He also gives us the assurance that Christ has made a place for us and he will bring us back to that place called heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment