Translate

Saturday, August 15, 2020

I was sad to read the latest PEW research suggests that live worship and watching on line is declining because of the pandemic

 



It is easy to fall into the trap of believing that the Corona Virus is simply just a really bad flu, or to believe that this was political entrapment on the part of one political party against the other so they will win the Presidential election.  In this video I was struck by the isolation in all the countries of the world- the empty highways, few pedestrians, and empty shopping malls. As my attention turned to the hospitals treating the victims of corona virus I had tears that fell down my cheeks at the sight of the oxygen bubbles, the vital machines, and in one scene a doctor performing CPR on a patient that was flat lining.   Still in other scenes I watched with amazement as doctors and nurses were praying for God's intervention.

Then I heard a Pew research which suggested that fewer people were watching online church services as this pandemic stretches on.  Regardless, our God continues to be the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

I remember a friend telling me that this pandemic will separate those who are merely 'playing church' from those who's faith remains strong in the face of the pandemic. My faith in Jesus Christ  stands on solid ground.  It originates to the salvation decision I made as a 18 year high school senior at a time, like today, was filled with uncertainty and anxiety. Like it says in Joshua 24:15, "15 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

I learned that the God I worship is worth serving when times are good and in times that are horrendously bad like the current pandemic we find ourselves in.

If you are having doubts about your faith, pray and ask God to give you that assurance and strength to get through these challenging days.  If you are not sure you know Christ as your living savior, then take a few moments and pray this prayer to God. 

Lord Jesus, I need You. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life. Take control of the throne of my life. Make me the kind of person You want me to be.[20]  Once you have finished that prayer read the Gospel of John followed by all of the other gospels- for in those gospels your faith will be strengthen.  Finally, start a regular bible reading session while keeping notes on what you have read.  I encourage you to watch a on line church service to strengthen your soul.  One Church that has the on line service is New Hope Church at this link: https://newhopechurchmn.org

As you begin your faith journey, you will discover that our God is truly an amazing God!

No comments:

Post a Comment