Translate

Monday, August 31, 2020

"Ears to Hear" - Wednesday Night Series - That the World May Know (07.08...



The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing
He makes me lie down in green pastures
he leads me beside quiet waters,
He refreshes my soul
He guides me along the right paths
for his name's sake
Even though I walk through
the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil Psalm 23

Over my first cup of coffee I mistakenly turned on the national news and saw more rioting in the streets of major cities across America. In my mind I uttered these words, "people need Jesus." When I heard that one person lost their life when a truck ran over them, I again listened to the inner voice, "people need the Lord." Pain seems to everywhere these days with everyone suffering from dangerous levels of anxiety from the stress hormones with in. If only someone close to the brokenhearted can go to them and tell them the good news of a good shepherd named Jesus who wants to come into their life to be a comfort to them through these difficult days. I was reminded by this speaker that the Hebrews spent 40 years wandering the desert. Today, feels like we're in a desert. Most of us are alone and isolated from others because of this pandemic, but there is hope that when we lean in closer to Jesus Christ our soul will be refreshed and restored. There is hope in these difficult days, but I believe when we come out of this desert experience we will come out stronger and more resilient than we every did going into the desert. If you aren't sure if you ever made a decision to accept this Savior who died for all mankind, you can be assured through this simple salvation prayer.


Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior.


If after you said this prayer, you may hunger to get to know this Savior better. I encourage you to find a church where you can receive God's message to refresh your soul and give you the desire to read the word of God. One place I call home is this church my wife and I have belonged to for over 30 years. New hope Church














No comments:

Post a Comment