Translate

Friday, August 25, 2017

The journey



“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:28-29




Oh Lord, why?
this journey I'm on, why
does it have to hurt so?
when, I never asked to be on this path?
I thought that life was supposed to be 
fun,
all delight,
happy memories to fill a life time of my loved ones
Yet, in the flash of a darkened night
my loved one was gone
but,
not until the men in blue tried desperately to save her
not until our chaplain came out
and
spoke softly these words
"They did all they could, yet
they couldn't couldn't bring her back to life"
not until
cries of pain could be heard across the room
cries that would linger on in the fortress of my mind
for weeks, months and years
I know you oh Lord
cried when my loved one died
you
knew this is a fallen world  we live in, where
bad things happen to good people,
You
of all were most willing
to walk with me on this journey
I
never asked to be on
You 
responded to the prayers of many who cried out to you
to comfort me,
to inspire me with your spoken word,
to surround me with comfort and love
for 
this journey I never wanted to be on....

No comments:

Post a Comment