Translate

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Hope is what the world years for





"A man can live about 40 days without food, and about 3 days without water, about 8 minutes without air...but only for one second without hope"- Hal Lindsey

5 and hope does not disappoint because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:5





Food, water, and air, 
then there was the elusive hope

There are so many people, hurting people, walking around
in search for this hope....
They look in all the wrong places and cannot find it
Just like in the days of Noah, they mock God,



These same people would deny the living Christ 
by calling him a fairy tale
depicting him as a cartoon character
in a super hero movie

Yet, when tragedy strikes one of their loved ones
their heart rate escalates to dangerous levels
they smoke more
consume more alcohol, take more drugs 
just to

drown out the pain, and
find any sense of hope and assurance that things will get better



I know someone who 
melds his own belief system from the best of all religions
everything is fine, until tragedy strikes and the unthinkable happens

In his self-made religion, there is no explanation for what to do in this situation
In his self-made religion, there is no answer for tragedy
it doesn't exist

While he practices deep breathing, proper cleanliness, and eating healthy
his nightmares of the tragedy lingers on
hope is what he wants- to know that the pain would subside
hope is what he yearns for



But,
To him, this hope is elusive, like a jack rabbit running away

If only,

he would turn to the Son of God who died for him
who knew him before he was born
who genetically designed him with his own unique DNA
from which no one else shares
who died for him on the cross

Through my decision made in 1974 to receive Jesus 
hope is what I have

a hope of seeing loved ones again
a hope that Jesus is walking with me through my pain
a hope that when my time is complete that I will come face to face
with my creator God, my savior, and the one who never disappointed me
whenever tragedy strikes

Jesus is my living hope!



No comments:

Post a Comment