Translate

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Everyone of us has lost a loved one we truly miss. Here is a song that speaks what we often think about in our grief



25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”


Long after the loss of our loved ones, the memory of them lingers on in our mind. We don't stop loving them even when they are no longer among us. 

We remember them in our dreams, every time we drive by a place that holds special memories of them, and in our homes, our loved one occupied.

The pain is real and may take one to recover at a time table that is unique to them. Through our journey, we have to be kind to ourselves by embracing each emotion. 

 We must never think of ourselves as 'weak' when we have a crying spell  Yes, men, it is ok to cry. It is never a sign of weakness to do so, and in fact, it is emotionally and physically healthy for you to do so. 

One of my favorite verses in the Bible is the one that read, "Jesus wept" which was what Jesus said upon seeing a deceased Lazarus.  In that same chapter was a reminder from Jesus of his pending resurrection. 

In John 11:25 were these words from Jesus: Jesus said to Martha, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

In the next verse, Martha replies,“Yes, Lord,” she replied, “I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

By the time Jesus arrived, Lazardus had been dead 3 days and his body laid in a cave tomb with a large stone blocking the entrance. Jesus reply was to ask them to take away the stone.

Martha's response was "“But, Lord,” said Martha, the sister of the dead man, “by this time there is a bad odor, for he has been there four days.” Jesus said these words to Martha, "“Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” Jesus then prayed to the Father in heaven these words, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.”

Then Jesus called out, “Lazarus, come out!” The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen and a cloth around his face.

Because of Jesus's resurrection, He made it possible for our loved ones to see heaven and enjoy all the fruits which only heaven can provide.

While we love the thought to be with them, we must remember that as long as we have breath our mission is to share the love of Jesus with as many people as we meet and to grow closer every day by reading God's word and enjoying fellowship with other believers.


Yes, it will be a glorious day when we see heaven- a buffet of the soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment