Translate

Thursday, March 2, 2017

This morning I'm praying for a group of students traveling to Israel for a study tour




8 This is what the Lord says:
“In the time of my favor I will answer you,
and in the day of salvation I will help you;
I will keep you and will make you
to be a covenant for the people,
to restore the land
and to reassign its desolate inheritances, Isaiah 49:8

This morning my son will be traveling with others from his Christian University for a study tour in the land of Israel. 

To simply say that I'm excited for him is an understatement. I'm thrilled that he has this opportunity to see the sites that most of us only read about in the historical record known as the bible. 

Their trip begins early in the morning with a total of 10 hours before they arrive in the land of Israel. I'm thankful that my son had the opportunity to attend this Christian University where their faith is strengthened and reinforced under the tutorage of Christian professors skilled at teaching not only the academic skills they need to pursue their careers but strengthen their faith for this journey called life.

As a parent watching their child experiencing this trip, I'm filled with awe as they begin their trip of the lifetime. Picture, if you will, a football stadium filled with parents cheering on their children experiencing the best that life has to offer. Each time their child experiences a small success we stand while cheering them on at the top of our lungs, sometimes tossing our popcorn in the air scattering its contents to those around us. That is the feeling all parents have as they experience the lives of their children.

I have included this series of Ray Vander Laan videos to give you a brief taste of the land of Israel. Ray brings the bible to life with each video. After viewing them, you just may want to sign up for a land of Israel tour sometime in the future.

This morning I will pray for these students:

Dear Lord Jesus, I;m praying for my son and the sons and daughters of other parents going on this study to the land of Israel. I pray for safety for this group of student and their chaperones.  I pray for protection from sickness and injuries. I also pray for true koinonia while these students are on this trip. I pray that witnessing each of these biblical sites will impact their lives in such a way that the stories they read in the bible will jump out at them like the scenes out of a 3D movie. Thank you Jesus for giving them this experience of a lifetime. 

Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment