Translate

Saturday, March 4, 2017


20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. Revelations 3:20



Oh, how I wish I was on a study tour in Israel as many are doing right now. I would love to participate in a tour to see first hand the things I can only experience in God's book of life, the bible. It seems the relevance of God and what He means to us becomes increasingly more important the longer we live, the more tragedies we experience and the more pain that is felt. 

When we are young, healthy and wise and able to jump tall buildings with a single bound, we have this idea each time we walk by the shelf that holds the unopened, unused family bible that later we will discover the things God wants to show us. We take our obligatory stare before going our way.

What if I were to tell you that God wants to really know you and wants to be your personal friend willing to listen to your internal pain, your struggles with loneliness and speak to your words of wisdom through the holy spirit you possess because of what Jesus did on the cross of calvary?

In 1974, I discovered that very truth when I prayed to receive Jesus Christ into my heart with the help of a high school friend at a youth gathering.  Over the years I can attest to the many times God's voice was heard, his guidance was provided that helped shape me into the man that God wanted me to be. Through many trials, troubles, and tragedies that would come my way, I had a personal relationship with my Savior to help me recover and see heaven in such a way I couldn;t have seen before I accepted Christ.

Jesus wants to have a personal relationship with you. He is knocking on the door of your heart. Will you listen to the gentleness of His voice, swing open that door and allow him to come in and be your personal friend on this journey called life.

I assure you if you did this, you will not have any regrets.

Now that is something you can bank on!



.



No comments:

Post a Comment