Translate

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

It seems every time a famous Christian is attacked by the media we are reminded about t he irrelevance of our faith....





Romans 11:1-36
I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! For I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew. Do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he appeals to God against Israel? “Lord, they have killed your prophets, they have demolished your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life.” But what is God's reply to him? “I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” So too at the present time, there is a remnant, chosen by grace. ... Romans 11:1-36


I'm reminded every time I read the news that my Christian faith is irrelevant and not needed in today's sophisticated society that prides itself on forward thinking and a spirit of the invention. I'm also reminded that my faith is irrelevant every time I see a famous Christian being attacked for the way he says things in the public media.   In the media's mindset, all Christian's are idiots and anything they say about their faith should be discarded.

 Yet, I struggle on carrying my cross, trusting my Savior that he truly knows what to do with my life. I continue to say my prayers before every meal, before bedtime, before I begin the day of commerce, and for other's who need my prayers to flow upward for them. I continue to pray for safety for my family, for God's protection in their travels, and for blessings as they move toward the day. 

Is my faith irrelevant?   No. Not the slightest irrelevant. I know my Savior Jesus and He knows me. He has been there for me every day of my life.  When I was a lost sheep, Jesus came looking for me until I was found.

All of us who have experienced traumatic losses can testify experiencing the Lord in our dreams, in grace-filled conversations with our friends and from the pulpit on Sunday mornings.  While others fail to see the relevance of our Lord, I see that relevance and keep trudging on continuing believing and obeying.

He is my Savior who knows me by name and speaks to me through the holy spirit within.

So, how do we get the world to see the relevance of our faith?

By being the same old, same old never deviating from what we believe. While others change beliefs like the shifting sand, you continue to believe in the Lord, a story that has stood the test of time.

As people begin to see your living faith, they may one day invite you to share what this faith means and how they may experience this living faith that has been part of your life for so many years.

Our Lord wants no one to perish from this life. 

It just may be the story that Jesus has placed in your life that will bring them to this saving faith.

Now, that is relevance!


No comments:

Post a Comment