Translate

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Some thoughts on the recent Hyvee's grand opening that reminded me of what heaven will be like





Romans 15:13New International Version (NIV)
13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

To say I was excited about the opening of the brand new HyVee grocery store is an understatement.  Like a giggly boy on Christmas morning I went, not once, but   twice in the same day. Both times there were hordes of people waiting their turn just to enter the parking lot. Since the church our family attended was just down the street   the parking lot was filled with overflow traffic.

 When I finally found a parking spot when a business man pointed over to where his car was parked I pulled in. As I walked   toward the store the atmosphere was both festive and joy filled at the same time. Kids were handed colorful balloons, Adults tried the free samples throughout the store while taking in the sights and sounds of this new store.  Every where  I looked I saw looks of wonderment, smiles, and laughter. Every where I turn I saw throngs of people.My eyes glanced in all directions as though I had never experience anything like it before. 

This place had everything from the in store restaurant, with it's own entrance, a in store dry cleaners, a bank, a medical clinic and more. I  remember just one year ago  the area being just a empty lot with memories of the former K-Mart store.

Then I   thought.

Grand  opening, hordes of people, smiles and happiness, balloons and happy children, are what heaven is going to be like when we, as believers in Jesus Christ, take our final breath. 

Then I  thought some more.

I wonder if this was what my daughter, my mom and dad and some recent friends from New Hope Church experienced when they took their final  breath and the first breath in this same kind of celebratory atmosphere I was experiencing entering this HyVee grocery store? 

Then I remembered that the words in Revelations 21:4 about "and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be death; there will no longer be sorrow and anguish, or crying, or pain; for the former order of things has passed away.” I was reminded that heaven is going to be place where suffering and the pain of this world will not exist. 


I was reminded that like this celebratory atmosphere in this grand opening of this earthly store there will be far more celebrating when we get to heaven.

Heaven will be one continuous grand opening for new believers just entering the front doors being greeted by the King himself, Jesus Christ.

"Well done my good and faithful servant " will be the greeting given when the heavenly doors are opened to the wonderful amazement of the sights and sounds.

Then I recalled the words of Jesus found in 2 Corinthians 4:17 *MSB):

and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be death; there will no longer be sorrow and anguish, or crying, or pain; for the former order of things has passed away.

Our God is so awesome that He was willing through the ultimate sacrifice of his son, Jesus Christ, to wipe all of our slates clean so that none of our sin exists. He made us clean as pure white snow so that when we take our final breath we would experience the joys of heaven, much like I was enjoying the sights and sounds, the festive atmosphere of this simple HyVee grand opening!

No comments:

Post a Comment