Translate

Saturday, May 23, 2020

God's Love letter for you...(worth watching)



As I was peddling away on my exercise bike I watched a video that dealt with the subject of contemplative prayer. What is this sort of prayer? It is sitting silent as you read from the scriptures and then simply being silent waiting for God to speak to you.

This sort of prayer is hard for most people because  we live in such a fast paced society where the tyranny of the urgent rules everything. It is the sort of meditation that comes at a time of great loss and suffering.  Several of the Christian speakers spoke about reading one chapter out of the Psalms, then sitting quietly waiting for God to speak to your heart.

  I discovered this form of meditation not long after my 10 year old daughter died.  In those beginning days of my grief I found it so exhausting to do a lot of bible reading, until I discovered that what God truly expected from me was for me to listen to his voice. 
Even in this Pandemic we're facing God still speaks to us, reminding you how much you are loved and cherished.  Our God is a wonderful God and if we practice meditating on Scripture you will begin to see that we become portable temples of his holy spirit even when the church we normally attend is closed due to the deadly virus.

Our God is a wonderful God that he wants to remind us that we do not have to fear death, but that the resurrection of His son, Jesus Christ, was such that we can all have the assurance of eternal life if we accept Him into our hearts.

As you watch the video above, I encourage you to write down the bible verses and look each one up for your understanding.

Our God is a living God who wants to remind you that He loves you so much that he sent you a good shepherd to watch over you in this corona virus world.

No comments:

Post a Comment