Translate

Friday, May 8, 2020

Even when times got tough in the early days of the Church believers met in small groups to encourage one another.



And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

I admit that I miss gathering in person at my home church, but I know that we have to remain apart to save lives from this ravishing pandemic in our land. So, we learn to embrace the live streaming services at our home church, or connecting with our Adult Sunday school class through a video conferencing software of which I wish I own stock in. These are not easy times for any of us and a reminder how important my faith really is in this life.  My Savior has walked with me  since the day I was born and certainly when I was in the womb.

I admit that I miss seeing my Christian brothers and sisters at Church. This pandemic has taught me the value of human interaction as oppose to total isolation. It has also revealed the evil that is in mankind's heart- a denial that a invisible virus can cause so much harm and devastation. We think we're okay and we unknowingly go out spreading the virus to everyone around us. 

I recently read something in an e mail that said the people most affected by the Corona virus are the Somalian's, Hispanic immigrants who work at the nursing homes, assistant living facilities and the meat packing plants. These are the people who their hard work and commitment keep the supply chain from crumbling.  In a way, it is as though God is trying to humble us and remind us never to  judge a person by their exterior, but to see them in the eyes of their loving God who made them in their mother's womb.

At our church, we are privilege to know many people of different nationalities and I found as I listen to their stories they are just like you and I. I always enjoyed listening to them tell me their story of hardships in the land they came from and the joy of experiencing freedom the moment they came to   America. I learn that it is our minority brothers and sisters who can teach us what it means to suffer in this life.

As we go forward on this pandemic journey, we need to pray for our immigrant people who make up the vast majority of jobs at the meat packing plants- that their symptoms will be minor and that they are able to fully recover from this virus.  They are the backbone of our supply chain- a chain that must not be broken if we to conquer and win this battle set ahead of us.

Jesus Christ is my living savior who gives me the strength to go forward.  This period of isolation has taught me how important my relationship with Him means to me.

If you are looking for a on-line 'live stream' church service that will encourage you in this time of need, I encourage you to go to this linkhttps://www.Newhopechurchmn.org

No comments:

Post a Comment