Translate

Thursday, April 30, 2020

From death to life, I believe in miracles.


[ The Resurrection of Christ ] Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,


This has been a week of miracles that I thought I would never see happen. First, it was the announcement by Dr. Fauci that a drug has been found to actually stop the Corona virus,  He said it wasn't a cure all, but at least those who have the virus it buys them time by reducing the damaging effects of the symptoms. Today, I heard Dr. Fauci say that he believes by January 2021 there will be a vaccine that will be effective with fighting and successfully treating this virus- a virus that has had devastating effects on the entire world. 

I believe in miracles- can I get a amen to that?  As people pray, I believe that God will hear those prayers and through one of the men and woman scientists develop a vaccine to treat the corona virus just as Jonas Salk was able to come up with a vaccine to treat polio- which was a horrible child hood disease that resulted in either death or permanent debilitating disability. some children were forced to live in those iron lung machines because of their inability to breath on their own. These children were isolated just as young and old are isolated behind closed doors with the Covid-19 virus they never asked to have.

I believe in miracles- can I get a amen to that?  If all of us can in our loneliness and isolation  pick up a bible and read and pray for the needs of those who are struggling I believe miracles will happen. In our isolation this is our opportunity to develop and cultivate our relationship with our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ who came into this world to die for you and me. He wants to have a personal relationship with you-    so go  to him with all of your needs. 

If you're angry, tell God about your anger- he is big enough to handle what is going on in your life. If you're depress, tell God those emotions you are feeling- he will meet those needs by bringing people into your life to talk and listen to you.  

I believe in miracles and as I read the gospels ( Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) I see vividly the miracles Jesus did to the man who was born blind, to the woman at the well, and to Lazarus, the man who he raised from the dead. 

I believe in miracles because I have a living and active savior in my life that knows my every whim.
You too can believe in miracles simply by responding to the knock on the door of your heart and letting him in.  Our God is real, a living and active God who was resurrected from the dead so that he can be your guide through this Corona Virus jungle!

No comments:

Post a Comment