Translate

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

I must say I became anxious reading some of the personal opinion posts on what we have been experiencing before I realize that this is a time to see God's mighty works when we don't necessary believe we will see them.




2 Corinthians 7:4
Verse Concepts
Great is my confidence in you; great is my boasting on your behalf. I am filled with comfort; I am overflowing with joy in all our affliction.




I did a quick google search on the word anxiety and encouragement and found 30 verses listed.I haven't counted for myself, but I've heard it said, “Fear not,” is in the Bible 365 times. They teach, preach, and beseech us “not to be afraid.” What is God reminding us to do? Obviously, it is to not be afraid, to not fear. In terms of the word encouragement I found 74 verses on this word. Over again, God is reminding us to 'fear not' and encourage one another. In the book of Acts I read these words of Barnabas going into Antioch, "Acts 11:22-23 where "The news about them reached the ears of the church at Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas off to Antioch. 


Then when he arrived and witnessed the grace of God, he rejoiced and began to encourage them all with resolute heart to remain true to the Lord.Then there is verse, "2 Corinthians 7:4 Great is my confidence in you; great is my boasting on your behalf. I am filled with comfort; I am overflowing with joy in all our affliction. If you do any reading in the new testament you will notice that Paul spends a lot of time behind prison bars when that one verse from 2 Corinthians 7:4 indicates that is overflowing with joy in all of his affliction.

Say what? How am I suppose to be filled with joy when the bills are coming due, the uncertainty of my employment is worrying me, or I'm not sure I'm going to make it out of this 'affliction'.

This is the really cool thing about trusting Jesus Christ, your Savior and Lord, who takes residence in your soul- just as God tried to encourage his people, He sent his son, Jesus who is knocking on the door of your heart requesting you to open it and let him come in. It is through the power of the Holy Spirit that Jesus will give you the peace and the wherewithal to get through trouble times as we certainly find ourselves in.


If you do not know Jesus, I encourage you to say this prayer. It doesn't matter what words you use, or what frame of mind your in (Anxious, worrying,etc) but I assure you if you are sincere with your words, Jesus will quickly come in and you will have the assurance He will never leave you, or forsake you and He will give you the peace to navigate through these troubled times. Here is that prayer.


Lord Jesus, I need You. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life. Take control of the throne of my life. Make me the kind of person You want me to be.

If you said this prayer, you can be assured that Jesus Christ is inside your heart and will never leave you.

Then, when the seas have calmed and we are able to live life again with trips, planned trips, and vacations you can praise God just as Paul praised Him in all of his affliction.

I believe we will all get through this together with God's help. It is time for us as believers to encourage one another and give them the hope that we know is true for us.


If you are looking for a church home where you can grow in your faith, I encourage  you to check out
New Hope Church MN @ NewHopeChurchmn.org

No comments:

Post a Comment