Translate

Thursday, October 19, 2017

The world teaches us to seek revenge when bad things happen, but Jesus teaches us to forgive because our Redeemer lives





Job 19-20English Standard Version (ESV)Job Replies: My Redeemer Lives


When I'm hurting, I remember that my Redeemer lives.  When my soul aches for a loss of a loved one, I remember my Redeemer lives. When life has me down and I'm discouraged, the gentle voice within reminds me my Redeemer lives.  When I encounter those occasional moments of discouragement, I remind myself my Redeemer lives. As I sit in the doctors waiting room waiting for the news of a lab result while anxiously biting my nails, the voice within reminds me that my Redeemer lives.

When I worry about the bills and how I will ever pay them, I remind myself my Redeemer lives. When my depression sets in as the days get shorter, I look to my Redeemer who lives. When I look at pictures of my now grown children and worry for them, I remind myself that their Redeemer lives.


No matter what life dishes out at you, no matter what calamity comes your way, or what diagnosis you might be given, remember your Redeemer lives!  Our Lord went to the Cross so that He could draw close to us and let you know that your Redeemer lives.

Our God is truly an awesome God because He lives!

1 comment:

  1. As I slept this morning, I had this assurance from God that my Redeemer lives. Because He lives, He watches over me all the days of my life. All it takes is to ask Jesus to come into your life where you utter those same words as treacherous paths are conquered, My Redeemer lives.

    ReplyDelete