Translate

Friday, July 28, 2017

Mandy Harvey: Deaf singer earns Simon's golden....





 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth.  His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. John 9
 9





Through the years I've listened to peoples stories. Some good, some not so good. Some stories make me smile while other stories make me cry. I guess for most of us when hard times happen to us, we just want to give up. Life at times is painful, I get that. I've been there in the pit of despair wondering if I would ever get out.

As I travel through life, I'm struck by the ways God touches people with unique talents that seem impossible. I remember years ago listening to a deaf/blind idiot savant playing classical piano taught to him by his grandmother, a woman who poured her life into her grand son. Most people with their mouths wide open ask 'how is this possible?' In the book of Luke chapter 18:27 Jesus says, "What is impossible with man is possible with God." I've watched wheel chair basketball games with ball players with severe disabilities exhibiting their athletic skills that far exceed anything able bodied players can do.

Mandy Harvey is another example of someone who has overcome great odds to keep on doing the thing she has always loved- singing. She overcame her loss of hearing by developing the ability to 'hear' the instruments and the words she sings. She was so incredible that she won her America's got talent competition.

I present this because it represents another example from John 9 where God reminds us that we were made the way we are so that the works of God can be displayed in you. You are indeed wonderfully and fearfully made!

No comments:

Post a Comment