Translate

Saturday, February 2, 2013

My greatest enjoyment is seeing God's handiwork outside my bay window



Fresh snow. White, fluffy, sparkly snow.I like looking out my bay window at the slow falling snow flakes as they drift ever so gently to the ground. I finally figured out why my Christmas lights shorted out. I fixed the problem and now I get to enjoy watching the soft lights fluttering against the light fluffy snow drifting slowly to the ground.  It's February 3rd, but who says one can't have their out door lights turned on? Watching this light powdery snow puts me in the mood for a good old cup of hot cocoa and a good page turning book

 White, fluffy snow is sort of God's way of giving us new scenery to look at instead of the brown one with patches of dirty snow that makes us wonder when winter will finally end. Fresh fluffy snow is a reminder of how God makes all things new again in in the midst of our tough times.


Looking out at this scene of white fluffy and unblemished snow reminds me how God has taken away the stain that our lives possess simply because of Christ death and resurrection. That white, fluffy snow reminds me that God has paid the penalty of our sin in full and that one day we will stand before God pure just like that snow we watch drifting ever so slowly from the sky.


God really does make all things new again. He really does want to exchange your stain tattered wardrobe with a sinless and pure one. He is standing at the door of your heart. He is knocking and he wants to come and make all things new with you. Won't you take a break from looking out the bay window at the fluffy white snow and invite Him in to make all things new?

No comments:

Post a Comment