Translate

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Trusting

                                                                       


Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

At times it is hard to take true what is written.  Trusting becomes hard when pain in our lives is present.  We think others around us are doing so much better and we develop a woe is within attitude. We watch as the world around us is experiencing the'joys' of life and assume that because something happen to us that God is not with us.  We think that pain and suffering in our lives is akin to not praying enough, not giving enough, not attending church enough, and not doing church.


As you watch the world around you  it is as though all the world around you is enjoying fruits of the amusement park while you walk aimlessly through the shadow of death. While you watch your friends climb into the rotating teacups you sit off in the distance wondering why they are laughing and smiling while it takes every effort just to make a slight curl in the corners of  your mouth.


Trusting is hard.  Like Job sitting forlornly by with friends who did not really understand his predicament you sit in your own ash heap waiting for God to shine His favor on you once again.


Trusting, I have learned in my grief journey, is something I cannot do on my own. Without God I am destroyed. Without God I am without hope.  It is only when I open up my bible and read the words from Proverbs 3:5-6 that I am reminded that I am trusting not in my own power, but I am trusting in the Lord and not on my own understanding and in all my ways I acknowledge him and then He will make my path straight.


Trusting becomes easy as I read the bible and discover how God has helped countless people. I learn that God  really does love me even as I sit forlornly in my ash heap.  


Sometimes the best thing we can do when we suffer is to climb into the rotating teacups with our friends and experience the joy they are presently experiencing.  It is through our friends that God uses to support us in the throes of our suffering.  It is in his word God uses to reassure us that He loves us and will walk with us in our suffering!  In time you will once again find it easier to laugh and smile just like the friends you are riding with in the rotating teacups. 

1 comment:

  1. And this is why we love going to Church on Sunday! When we are down it is our friends who lift us up and when our friends are down we can be there to support them. The Lord gives us the strength and the desire to worship and to sing praises to Him. As a result of Worship and fellowship we are strengthened.

    ReplyDelete