Translate

Friday, February 19, 2021

No matter what painful losses have occurred in your life, God promises to walk by your side while sending angels to comfort you.

 




Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in [f]Sheol, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me. Psalm 139


Yesterday, I found this Touch by an Angel episode that I'm sure I've seen before we had children.  At that time, I didn't fully understand what it truly meant to lose a child.  I was always under the assumption that our children are supposed to outlive us; after all, isn't that the way life is suppose to work?  I guess at that point in my life, I wasn't wise enough to see that the loss of a child is one that experts tell us is so painful that it takes from 5 to 10 years to recover from.  

The boy who was dying in this episode was 10 years old, the same age as my daughter Maria.  Like Petey, Maria had a full life ahead of her. Like Petey, she was full of life, laughter, and love. 

This pandemic has made so many people afraid of dying. So many do not believe in the bible, in Jesus Christ and the hope He promised us for our future eternal lives. Many people who experience the loss of a child will be filled with so much anger that they take it out by drinking alcohol until they are so disorientated that they numb their pain. Like a broken record, they continue this same vicious cycle of binge drinking- until one day they develop problems with their kidneys, heart, and liver. Some are given the news they never wanted to hear in their lives that they are dying.

Like Petey and his mom, we too were entertained by angels when death overwhelmed our little girl. Each of us was awakened in the morning excited to share with each other their dream God gave them.

We may never be able to control which viruses will take the lives of our family members, but God assures us in his word that he will walk beside us every step of the way in our life. He will never waste your pain, but in time will use your pain to help others who are just traveling their forlorn journey.

If you are someone who is experiencing the death of a loved one, my condolences go out to you.  I would encourage you to check out a 13-week grief share group near you. This group, as I found to be true, will teach you in 13 weeks how to go through the pain of your loss, not around it.  I found by drawing near to God instead of drinking or doing drugs, that God would help me recover from loss,

No matter what happens in this life, God has a perfect plan to give you everlasting life through Jesus Christ.  



No comments:

Post a Comment