Translate

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Some thoughts regarding the events of this past week and why my faith is more relevant today than at any time in history.





We are living in desperate times where most of us have lost the moral compass that our previous generations used to guide their lives.  For many, there is no such thing as right from wrong, only a grey zone of wishy-washy thinking that if it feels good do it mentality.  For many, going to Church no longer has relevance and instead of trusting the holy spirit and placing one foot in front of the other we stay out the night before, perhaps become inebriated with one too many funny sounding cocktails and we sleep in off those effects. 


In this time of desperation
When all we know is doubt and fear
There is only one foundation
We believe, we believe
In this broken generation
When all is dark, You help us see
There is only one salvation
We believe, we believe

For me, there is no other compromise than to trust the living God that he knows what to do with the pain in my life.  When losses come my way, I trust my Savior Jesus that he will walk with me through the pain.  There is one expectation God has of me- to believe there are absolutes in this life that can never be compromised.


We believe in God the Father
We believe in Jesus Christ
We believe in the Holy Spirit
And He's given us new life


The decision I made to receive Jesus as my Lord and Savior that early spring of 1974 became the rock foundation that stood the test of time regardless of whatever calamity came my way. I trust Him because I know God's word is absolutely beyond a doubt true and when losses come with all of its incredible pain, I know God is walking beside me.


So, let our faith be more than anthems
Greater than the songs we sing
And in our weakness and temptations
We believe, we believe!


We live in a time where most people do not even bother going to church.  Sunday mornings seem to be the least congested time to drive. Whereas many chose to sleep in, I chose to attend and worship my Creator, my Savior and my Lord of my life. I chose because I knew after the loss of my child Jesus was there every step of the way of my grief journey.



We believe in God the Father!
We believe in Jesus Christ!
We believe in the Holy Spirit!
And He's given us new life!
We believe in the crucifixion!
We believe that He conquered death!
We believe in the resurrection!
And He's comin' back again!




Where others believe in grey zones where there is no such thing as right from wrong, I choose to carry my moral compass- my bible, my belief and my record of salvation while putting one foot in front of the other trusting God that he knows what to do with my life.

Just as I did in the spring of 1974, let Jesus Christ reign in your heart. You won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. My faith helps me see in a world of darkness. When others stumble, God helps me to stay on the right path. When others see nothing but hopelessness, God gives me true hope. It is my prayer that you will find this hope I found in the early spring of 1974- a hope that has stood the test of time.

    ReplyDelete