Translate

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

God has not passed you by (David Wilkerson)




No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Joshua 1:5


Lately, I have a burden for those who are living following the death of spouses through suicide. The pain is incredible wherever suicide occurs. It leaves their survivors waking up and wondering night after endless night 'what just happened to me and will I ever recover from this pain? 

 It is so easy for all of us to think such thoughts of 'why has God forsaken me', or 'why does this pain hurt so much like as though  I have this heavyweight pressing against my chest making it so hard to breathe, night after night. 

Why, oh God, am I swimming in my tears with the resulting wet pillow in the morning. Why did my loved one have to take his or her life? Why, oh Lord do I have this feeling of being forsaken as though I have been abandoned on some island where I alone am left with the memories of my loved one because no one knows how to reach out to me to offer their listening ear, a hug, or simply those words God tries to remind us, ' He will never leave you, nor forsake you.'?

I echo Pastor David Wilkerson's words when he reminds those who are suffering to spend time in God's precious book of life- a book that has timeless treasures of comfort to help you get through the incredible pain of suffering. If I can offer one bit of advice, something I learned in 2007 in the aftermath of my own loss, it would be to put one foot in front of the other and keep on doing the things you did before your loss.  Keep breathing, keep going to Church, keep on seeking out support for yourself to help you go through these days of suffering. In time, at a timetable as unique to the love you had for the person who died, you will recover from this pain because God will never leave you, nor forsake you. You may never be the same you were your loss, but the holy spirit within you will give you a renewed purpose for living.

God truly loves you through the trials and sufferings of this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment