Translate

Friday, August 17, 2018

This past week we said goodbye to a marvelous singer-Aretha Franklin



31 For this reason, a man shall leave his father and mother and shall be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. 32 This mystery is great, but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church. Ephesians 5:31-32




This past week, we lost a music legend when Aretha Franklin died after a battle with pancreatic cancer. The song, I'll say a little prayer for you, speaks of every woman's heart desire for the men in their lives.  

Lately, we have been bombarded with bad examples of men as seen through the eyes of the 'me-too' movement and our political figures who seem to be blinded by the reality that their actions have harmed women. 

When women fall in love, they bond to the man. When they marry, two hearts become one.  The leaders of this country, are poor examples we men should follow when it comes to encouraging the woman in our lives. Some married men I know see no reason to not to enjoy a meal with a female colleague alone in the absence of their wife. I disagree with this practice and sure enough, I've watched married men walk away from their marriage vows- leaving bewildered children and wives to needlessly suffer.  Many who have been betrayed become like ships without a rudder trying to navigate through dangerous seas.   From year one of our marriage, I made sure to never be alone with another woman unless my wife was with me. I remember when my wife and I wrote our marriage vows. I made sure to include the phrase 'for better or for worse' in my vow to Linda. 

At the time I wrote this vow, it was becoming increasingly popular to leave that sentence out- in fact, prenuptial agreements were all the rage and a profit-making opportunity for attorneys who were successful  making couples insecure and keep that marriage door slightly ajar 'just in case'- as though couples were in it for the short term until someone better comes along. But I knew that for better or for worse I was going to love my wife through whatever fierce storms came our way.   I was in it for the long haul and so was my wife! Not even the death of a child, sickness, or disability could tear us apart!  


Lyrics: I say a little prayer for you.

Before I put on my makeup

I say a little prayer for you

While combing my hair now,

And wondering what dress to wear now,I say a little prayer for you 

Forever, and ever, you'll stay in my heart and I will love you 

Forever, and ever, we never will partTo live without you

Oh, how I love youTogether, forever, that's how it must be

Would only mean heartbreak for me.

I run for the bus, dear, While riding I think of us, dear,

I say a little prayer for you.

And all through my coffee break-time,

At work I just take time I say a little prayer for you. and I will love you

Forever, and ever, you'll stay in my heart

Oh, how I'll love youForever, and ever we never will part together, forever, that's how it must be, say a little prayer for you

To live without you would only mean heartbreak for me.

TI say a little prayer for you My darling believe me, ( believe me)

For me, there is no one but you!

Please love me too (answer his pray)And I'm in love with you 

(answer his prayer)

Answer my prayer now babe (answer his prayer)

Forever, and ever, you'll stay in my heart forever, and ever we never will part and I will love you

Oh, how I'll love you would only mean heartbreak for me 

(oooooooooh)Together, forever, t

that's how it must be to live without you


No comments:

Post a Comment