Translate

Saturday, April 7, 2018

You can change the world, one conversation at a time..God's word is abundant with verses of encouragement!



29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Ephesians 4:29-30


I'm reminded of those words in Ephesians and contrast that with what I see in social media, I see-




Flaming arrows coming from every direction.
causing pain to anyone on the receiving end
I see political leaders on both sides of the fence
setting poor examples for the rest of us to follow

I see heartache
I see hopelessness
I see depression

in some cases I see suicide taking the lives of loved ones

Truth be told, God calls us to a higher standing,
a standing calling for edifying speech
a speech that doesn't hurt others,
a speech that doesn't harm
a speech that encourages thoughtful debate 
with respect for others opinion

Through Jesus Christ,
you can be the power of one

the one person who encourages another person
the person who pulls the one tossed under the bus
the person who becomes the cheerleader
telling others "you can do it, I know you can"

Through Christ,
you can be the conduit that can extinguish the 
flaming arrow

before you respond to someone's post,
wisely choose your words
so they encourage the other person

In Christ,
you have the power to make the world a better place,
one conversation at a time!




No comments:

Post a Comment