Translate

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

As I look out over the horizon on this beautiful April 3rd morning, I see God's beautiful cleansing majesties



We put our hope in the Lord.
He is our help and our shield.
21 In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
22 Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord,
for our hope is in you alone. Psalm 33:20-22




Most of us in Minnesnowta are growing tired of seeing increasing accumulations of white powder this time of year. A time where we're accustomed to rain-'April flowers brings May flowers.' Since we just celebrated the resurrection of our Lord Jesus, I'm reminded of the cleansing power of our Lord in the lives of those who trust Him. Pure, white snow. Cleansing snow.

Think of the significance of that statement!  No matter what you've been through in this life- the suicide of a loved one, sudden death from a medical complication, financial ruin- Jesus wants to cleanse you in the power of his blood, a blood that restores, a blood that heals, a healing blood that brings you back from a brink. I remember that children's song I use to sing with all the others in Church.


"Jesus loves me, yes I know, for the Bible tells me so"

That sweet, sweet song gives me a visual of our Lord Jesus wrapping his arms around me when life isn't going so well.

Then there is that verse from Psalm 18:2-6:

The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield[a] and the horn[b] of my salvation, my stronghold.

When I think of a rock, I think of something that is immovable, something that is secure to stand on! In this age of social media where there are competing voices all trying to grab our attention- some positive and more that is negative, it is refreshing that we have our Lord Jesus to give us a secure foundation, a positive voice to counter all of the rest!

Little ones to Him belong;
They are weak, but He is strong.
Refrain:
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Don't let anyone tell you that the Bible is irrelevant today, that it's a made up fairy tale.  I can assure you from my own life of many upheavals that my Savior, Jesus, hears the cry of my voice an utters the right words of encouragement at a time I needed them!

Jesus loves me! He who died
Heaven’s gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.

That white cleansing snow, a symbol of God's love for us!  A simple truth worth sharing with others in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment