Translate

Thursday, April 26, 2018

We have this hope in Christ that renews our mind from the destructive messages that make us feel we're beyond hope.





I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. Philippians 1:20




Shame is like being the aging prizefighter who finds himself on the ropes receiving the punishing blows of his much younger opponent while listening to those messages, "I'm no good, I never should have considered getting back into the ring, why did I ever do this."


As our lives become shame-based, it is easy to believe that we're beyond hope. We see ourselves as unlovable and far beyond the love of Christ. Tragedy and trauma have a way of making us feel that God doesn't love us- and if he did, then my love would still be alive.

At their recent concert, I had a hard time keeping my eyes dry listening to this song.


Here I am
All my intentions
All my obsessions
I want to lay them all down 
In Your hands


God, I need you, I want you, but you don't need me. The messages we listen to in this life can send us all down a spiral staircase of despair, as though we're sitting in the abyss of hopelessness trying disparately to reach God.




Only Your love is vital 
Though I'm not entitled 
Still, You call me Your child 
God, You don't need me
I was reminded over again in God's precious Gospels how much God truly loved me. He loved me so much that he sent his son, Jesus to die for every one of my sin's He, alone, gives me the renewed purpose for living when tragedy takes someone away from us that we've loved. He, alone, gives us hope while we grieve.



But somehow You want me
Oh, how You love me
Somehow that frees me 
To take my hands off of my life 
And the way it should go
God, You don't need me
I often wondered why God didn't just start over with our planet, especially when mankind's sins started poisoning the atmosphere. But He didn't. He promised from the beginning of creation that he would make all things new. He spoke through major and minor prophets and His story became the greatest best seller in life- his guidebook on how to live this life!

But somehow You want me
Oh, how You love me
Somehow that frees me 
To open my hands up 
And give You control 
I give You control




Somehow, shame has a way of keeping us from yielding control while listening to those messages in our mind that tell us 'we're no good' While you believe you're a failure, God is gently prodding you trying to get your attention and reminding you He has a wonderful plan for your life!
I've had plans
Shattered and broken
Things I have hoped in
Fall through my hands 
You have plans



He wants to replace all of your old messages and give you the new message of hope. He wants you to know that you were worth dying for- that Jesus's death and resurrection were for you also.Through a simple prayer accepting Jesus into your heart will give you the hope you so disparately need.



To redeem and restore me 
You're behind and before me 
Oh, help me believe 
God, You don't need me



Your life doesn't need to end with the tragedy of losing someone close to you. You may not see him or her in this lifetime, but when you received Jesus into your life, God will whisper sweet messages into your soul that will give you the hope you need to go through the storms of this life.



But somehow You want me

Oh, how You love me
Somehow that frees me 
To take my hands off of my life 
And the way it should go, oh 
God You…

Jesus, thank you for coming into my life that spring day in 1974 in that little coffee house when I opened the door of my life. You replaced the old messages with new ones that gave me the hope I needed in this life! If you are missing someone who isn't here today due to a tragedy, I encourage you to consider a griefshare group near you. Griefshare will teach you how to travel through the pain of grief instead of around it. It will help you see that God will help you heal and give a new hope you need in this life. www.griefshare.org

No comments:

Post a Comment