Translate

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

How is it that the one who created this world desires to have a relationship with me, just an ordinary man with flaws imperfections, who is more comfortable doing what is wrong, than right?





2 Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and for evermore.
3 From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the Lord's name is to be praised.
4 The Lord is high above all nation's, and his glory above the heavens. Psalm 113:2-4

How is it that the one who created this world
desires to have a relationship with me, 
just an ordinary man
with flaws
imperfections,
who is more comfortable doing what is wrong,
than right?
How is it that you, oh God, desire to set my life
on solid ground when,
I  by my choices
go off on the rocky path?
How is it that when suffering and horrific losses come my way,
while others are running from me,
while alone in my misery,
you, alone, are the one who comforts me?
Who wants to walk with me, 
to give me the hope,
the world cannot show me,
to reveal that no longer have to
keep climbing that invisible ladder,
trying with all my might,
to do enough good works to earn your approval?
How is it that it was your sacrificial giving of your son
Jesus Christ, that 
has given me hope?
The hope that when things go bad in the world,
you speak to me in that inner voice
the wonderful gift of your holy spirit
whispering blessed assurances that 
in the midst of horrific loss
you re there for me?
How blessed is your name in all the earth!
How blessed are the words of your salvation
to everyone who chooses to hear your voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment