Translate

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Open up your eyes, look around, God still does miracles!




10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. Proverbs 18:10

Throughout my grief journey there have been moments of sensing the very presence of God. While there have been moments where I truly felt that God had abandoned me there have also been moments where God had made his presence felt in my life.

 The year 2015 would have been the year Maria would have graduated from Legacy Christian Academy in Andover, Minnesota.. Had she lived we would have been helping her make decisions on which college to attend and watching her enjoy her senior year with her friends and planning her open house.

 Had  she lived we would have stayed closer in touch with all of Maria's friends  and their families. The moment  she died it was as though this big iron castle door got suddenly closed  producing a loud  thunderous sound as it did. We were on the outside trying to look in. 

 Our memories with her had come to an abrupt end while her friends parents continued to enjoy moments with their kids. 

 Occasionally, we would get a glimpse from afar of their parents at occasional basketball and volleyball games, but  the loss of our daughter had broken any normal communications with them. 

 A few   weeks ago I brought up the idea   with my wife and son of providing a couple of scholarships in Maria's memory.   No, we didn't receive any settlement from a wrongful death suit.  God lead me on  a path of forgiveness, not years of hatred.

My wife and son  thought it was a good idea for the scholarships and so  I sent an e mail to the school guidance counselor with a brief summary of our daughter and how this would have been her graduation year. She said the story I wrote was so touching that it made her cry. 

This last  Friday I went down to  the local TCF bank near work to withdraw two cashiers checks  from Maria's account. Sensing that the teller didn't  quite know how to handle this transaction I noticed a blond lady standing at her side.   She  knew exactly how to process this request proceeded to explain it to the teller. Then she said she knew Maria and James/

 She once babysat Maria and my son. It turns out that she went to the same school James and Maria attended. While baby sitting them she played a game with them whereby the object was to knock blocks and Maria won every time. Maria said that she always wins at this game. 

Right there in TCF bank was a bank employee who knew our kids and just happened to be there at that moment  to help me with this transaction. Just happened? I don't   think so. I believe that the creator of the universe and the redeemer of men and woman enabled this lady to be there right at the moment I needed someone. God really does work in mysterious ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment