Translate

Thursday, December 6, 2012

God is in the remodeling business



Occasionally after dropping my son off at school I would pull into the nearby McDonald's where I would enjoy a fresh cup of coffee and catch up on the morning newspaper before my drive to work. This particular McDonald's holds quite a few memories for me as the place I would take my kids who enjoyed playing in the play land. 

This McDonald's looked different since they remodeled the store several months ago. Gone was the familiarity of the old place.  In it's place was a modern McDonald's that appealed to adults. When I glanced in the play area it to looked different having none of the things I remembered it when my kids use to play in there.

Corporations have a right, of course, to re-brand themselves to appeal to a wider range of people.  They have to in order to continue surviving in this dog eat dog  retail environment.  A fresh image and a remodeled store is what brings people into those stores and it is what drives the profits. As I pondered on this point it occurred to me that God is in the remodeling business. He is the one that takes broken people and gives them a new heart and a new purpose in life.  He is the one who can change a once angry old codger and give him a joyful spirit that draws people to salvation.  People who knew his former self are drawn to the cross when they see his new Christ filled self and the joy that permeates from him. As more people experience the new life that only Christ can give then the greater impact Christ can have on the world around him.

I must say that I like the new look of this McDonald's and it is that new look that brings me back for a simple cup of coffee.  

No comments:

Post a Comment