Translate

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Heaven's equipment room




Philippians 3:21
[Jesus Christ] who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.


When we one day see our Savior we will exchange our weather and time beaten earthly bodies for our heavenly one. This is the exchange I see take place in Heaven's equipment room.  Jesus is in the equipment room ready to greet each person as they newly arrive. In comes a 60 year old man dressed in his work clothes. He walks with a limp and has a large gash on his head from a fall.

Jesus: Paul, it is good to see you.

Paul: Jesus, is that really you?  Am I really here?

Jesus:  Paul, you are really here. Your time on earth has concluded.

Paul:  How did I die?

Jesus:  You were in a car accident. A speeding car crashed into you. Our heavenly angels came down and met you at the scene.

Paul:  That must have been when I felt this incredible peace.  I felt this warm glow that told me not to worry.

Jesus: You gave your life to many people Paul.  I am so proud that you became an organ donor.  Your heart is going to a young man with a degenerative disease heart a new life.  Your cornea's are going to a young school teacher with failing eye sight. Your lungs are going to a 17 year old who will now have a chance to breath and live life to the fullest.


Paul: I really love you Jesus. You were there for me whenever I called your name.
Paul::  I remember how you came and rescued our family when our young child died. I felt this warm glow when you and your angels rescued our family. Much like I do now!.

Jesus:  Paul, when you accepted me into your life when you were a kid I never forgot you.  I watched you grow up into a handsome young man.  I was proud of you for taking a stand for other kids who were defenseless and picked on.

Paul: Jesus, I could do that because of the strength you gave me.  I had nothing to fear when you were guiding me.  You helped me with all of my decisions in my life.

Jesus: I was a simple prayer call away.

Paul:  I remembered not really knowing what I should do in my time on earth and you answered my prayer and helped me to pick my vocation.

Jesus:  You were a very gifted therapist.

Paul:  I loved my line of work.  Each time I saw a patient I knew you were there giving me the right words to say and you were there helping me guide each patient.  My work didn't seem like such a burden.

Jesus: Work is never a burden if you choose something you are truly gifted in.

Paul: Almost like playing is to a child.

Jesus:  I was proud of you for volunteering on all of those mission trips.  There were many people who were strengthened in their walk with me because of your witness.  I remember one young man on one of your trips. He seemed insecure and how he walked in his own shadow.  He was impressed with how you lead the group and what care you took to make each member feel welcomed.

Paul:  What happened to him?

Jesus: That is the beautiful part.  when he returned home he rededicated his life to me and got involved in a discipleship group with other Christians.  His whole life changed and I remember all of the prayer calls he made to me. I helped him to locate a wonderful woman who became his wife. They had 4 little ones who all asked me to come into their lives. That young man is now serving me with his family in full time service.  Every once a while he will call me to tell me how thankful he was for you showing God's love to him.

Paul: Me?

Jesus: yes.  that is only one story. There are many more who were touched in ways that you can't imagine.

Paul: Jesus, what is going to happen to my wife and my kids?  I feel this glow, but they are probably missing me terribly.

Jesus:  Just as my angels were there to rescue you I will send angles to comfort them as they miss you.

Paul:  I loved my wife so very much.  and my kids. They were the greatest kids a man could ever ask for.

Jesus:  You do not need to be afraid. Already I have plans for them. Each of them have called me and I have answered their calls.  i have plans to bring Christian's into their lives who will help them recover from their grief.  The body of Christ will be there for each of them.  Their faith will strengthen because of what I will do for them.

Paul: ( FOR THE FIRST TIME PAUL FEELS THE GASH ON HIS FACE FROM THE ACCIDENT)
Paul:  am I bleeding?

Jesus: you were, but we're going to exchange your well worn earthly body for a Spiritual one. ( Jesus shows him his)

PAUL: That looks so new. Why there isn't a blemish on it!  ( Paul tries it on)  I feel like a new man.

Jesus:  Your new body won't have any limitations like you had on earth.  You will be able to run as fast as you like. your energy will be endless.

Paul:  my new eyes!  I can really see far! I won't need glasses. My new ears!  I can hear so well.

Jesus:  Well done my good and faithful servant. Go and explore your new place.  There will be a reception line of people you knew on earth and who went before you ready to greet you and give you hugs. Welcome home, Paul, welcome home.


1 comment:

  1. If yu do know the savior and would like to experience what Paul experienced in the equipment room of heaven all it takes is to say a simple prayer. "Dear Jesus, I know I am a sinner and I have fallen short of the perfect standard, I know that you died on the cross for my sins, I open the door to my heart and I ask you to walk through it and take the throne of my life. Just like Paul in this story I ask you to guide me and help me make the right decisions Amen

    ReplyDelete