Translate

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Heaven's reception line



In one of my earlier blogs I wrote about Paul who's life ended abruptly when he was hit by a car at a high speed. Because of Paul's decision to follow Christ he was brought to the equipment room in heaven where his worn out earthly body was exchanged for a brand new heavenly one. Paul could not believe how brand new his new heavenly body was in comparison to the 60 year old body which had seen it's better days.  He was amazed how well he could see and how well he could hear.  Paul was told by Jesus to explore his new surroundings and that there would be a reception in his honor with people he knew that came before him

Paul: " I don't think I have ever ran this fast since I was a kid! And I am not even tired!"


Jesus:: "one of the many benefits of this new place!"


Paul cocks his head in the direction of a faint sound of a song bird " Is that a song bird? i haven't heard that sound since I was a kid"


Jesus:  "You remember the bible and what it said about how all things would be made new again"?


Paul; " Yes. I think that is in 2 Corinthians 5;17! i remember memorizing that verse when i was in my discipleship group!"


Jesus:  " Because of what I did for you all things are new again!  There will be no more pain and no more hurts and sorrow."


Paul:  " It seems strange that I know I have a earthly family, but this overflowing perfect peace I have prevents me from worrying for them."


Jesus:  " Just as I rescued you from that car accident I will surround your family with the things they need to be strong and get through the fiery grief."


Paul:" I have confidence in your power to accomplish that."


Jesus: " Almost forgot, Paul, I got a prayer call from your children. They wanted me to give their father a hug from them."  Paul feels the embrace of the loving Savior.


Paul begins walking toward the reception hall and notices welcome home Paul banners and helium filled balloons and cake and ice cream on the reception hall table. As he got closer to the crowd of people his eyes begin to moisten up. He sees his grandmother who he hadn't seen since he was nine years old when she died.


Paul:  Mamo?"


Grandmother: " it is me. Welcome home Paul".

Paul gives his grandmother a hug as tears are streaming down his eyes.  Paul remembers it was his grandmother who often would pray for him when he went through those difficult early years.

Grandmother: " Is Heaven everything you thought it would be. Paul?" 


Paul: :" It is everything and even more.  I never thought about my new body I would be getting. It is so much better and makes me stronger and I can see and hear like nothing before."


Grandmother: " I remember how you were one of many grandchildren I would pray constantly for.  I knew that Jesus had great things for you".


Jesus:  "Paul, I do indeed remember all of those late night prayer calls from your grand mother and I answered every single one."  Paul's eyes moisten again as he gives his grandmother another hug.


Paul sees his Sunday school teacher.  He remembers the day Mr. Doughtherty lead his class with the salvation prayer and how he fervently said that prayer.


Paul: " Mr. Smith? is that my Sunday school teacher who lead me to the Lord?"


Sunday school teacher: " It is.  I am so happy you prayed that prayer and I am so happy you are here" he paused," You are going to love this place, Paul".


Paul walked over and noticed Roy, his discipleship leader from the Navigators group he was involved in for 2 years.


Paul: " Is that you Roy?" 


Roy: " It is. Welcome home Paul:"  Although Roy and Paul were the same age Roy went home after being diagnosed with cancer and passing away several years ago.  Paul remembers Roy for his challenging references to always being in the word of God and memorization the bible verses.  Paul will always remember Roy for the accountability he instilled in the group and how important it is for one's Spiritual growth and maturity.  


Paul walks a little further and noticed a small child.  As he approached he noticed that it wasn't just any child, but it was his son who died several years ago.  Paul choked up as his son ran up to him for a hug.


Paul: "Jeremy! I am so happy to see you!"


Jeremy: "Dad, do you remember the night I left earth?"


Paul: "I sure do Jeremy.  Our family cried and grieved because we knew you were never going to be with us until we got to heaven." 


Jeremy: " Dad, you will be happy to know that the first person I saw that night was Jesus when he came down to bring me home.  I felt this warm glow as though I was being told not to worry and that everything was going to be AOK.


Paul: " The same warm glow the moment I was struck by the speeding car"


Jeremy: " Yah that warm glow. You will be happy to know Dad that from the moment I have been in heaven it has been a beautiful time.  In this place there is no more pain or sorrow because we are with the Savior who came to prepare  a place for us."


Jesus: :" Paul and Jeremy, I just got a prayer call from your family.  They wanted me to give you two a hug from your mom and your brothers and sisters."


Jesus embraces both Paul and Jeremy.


Jeremy leads his dad to someone he really wanted him to know.


Jeremy: " Dad, this lady was my drama camp teacher.  Mrs. Anders was the one who prayed the salvation prayer the very morning I prayed along with her!"


Paul: " good to see you again!  I remember talking with you about Jeremy's accepting Jesus. I remember how my wife and I rejoiced and praised God in heaven.


Jesus:" I do remember how happy you were when Jeremy accepted me into his heart."


Mrs. Anders: "I always get a lump in my throat when one of my students prays the prayer!"  ''


Paul spent the next couple of hours meeting family and friends he hadn't seen in many years.


Jesus: " Are you enjoying yourself Paul?" 


Paul looks around the room full of friends.


Paul:  "Jesus, I am having a great time... It is good to be home." Paul turns and looks out the large stain glass window and is amazing of the beauty he sees outdoors.  The lush green trees, the blue lakes, and the song birds chirping which he can hear with his new heavenly body.He knew that he was going to love this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment