Translate

Monday, December 24, 2018

From a humble birth in a cavern manger to a humiliating death on the cross our greatest gift came after Jesus death and resurrection.




14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”



Christmas time can be a time of numerous triggers.

Loved ones we use to spend time with no longer with us. Nieces and nephews killed tragically in car accidents or medical procedures went wrong who no longer bring fits of laughter into our lives.

As a child, I remember thinking that it was my responsibility to make my parents smile when sorrow overwhelms their soul.

At a small Methodist church in Warren, Minnesota, a weepy pianist had to choke back tears when she told the congregation that two teenagers were killed on the roadways around Warren- at a time that is supposed to be a happy time. For those families, those future Christmas's will be filled trying to understand why God would punish them by 'taking' their loved one.

The death of a loved one in our Western civilization is said to be the number one reason why so many people convert to atheism- after all if God truly is a good God he wouldn't have taken our precious child. Instead of allowing God to walk with us in our pain and suffering we try to bury our grief deep below the ground in hopes the pain would never resurface. .

God's beautiful love story between Genesis and Revelation teaches us that he truly understands what it means to suffer. From his humble birth in a cavern manger when they could not find any room at an Inn to his humiliating death on the cross, God chose to understand the suffering that mankind faces with each loss.

I am also reminded of the words of Jesus in John 14,"25 “I have told you this while I’m still with you. 26 However, the helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything. He will remind you of everything that I have ever told you.

God'sgreatestgift came after the loss of his son when he promised to send us the gift of the holy spirit to dwell in all believers to help and guide them all of life's turmoil.

Hence, this song is a perfect reflection of God's love for mankind, and a promise that no matter what happens to you in life that God will never forsake or abandon you.

Let us all have a very Merry Christmas as we celebrate the greatest gift of all- the birth of his Son.










No comments:

Post a Comment