Translate

Monday, February 19, 2018

These bodies we have are amazing works of our Father in heaven who created them....






I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 138:14



On Sunday after returning from Church with Linda and her mom, I noticed a smell coming from the lower level of her mom's home. This smell seemed much stronger the closer I got to the oil burning furnace.  My sense of smell told me it shouldn't be there. Linda's sense of smell had been compromised by her 'cold' which thankfully did not turn into any flu-like symptoms of so many other's, but the moment I mentioned it she began noticing that smell as well.  So she google search the symptoms and not liking what she read she called the local heating guy her parents trusted all these years.  

Well, after describing enough of what the symptoms were he deemed it enough of a concern to stop over as soon as he was done with another person's 'boiler' While we were at the nursing home that evening, Linda spoke with the repair guy of which he rattled off a couple of scenario's and then he added that the family may want to replace the older style oil based furnace with the more acceptable gas furnace which is more energy efficient, and more attractive to future home buyers.



For our safety, he turned off the furnace and gave us 2 space heaters until tomorrow when he can come back to clean out the boiler to see if that would eliminate the smell- if not the decision would have to be made to put a new furnace in.


What I learned from this is how our bodies were fearfully and wonderfully made just like it says in in Psalms 139:14. My sense of smell leads me to the realization of a potentially faulty furnace just like the teachers in the Florida shooting relied on their sense of hearing to help students reach a safe place. 

For those who know me will know that my sense of hearing has been compromised since birth, but God gave me a pair of eyes to more adequately read the non-verbals of others.


As a man, I feel like my purpose was fulfilled when I was able to correctly describe issues I was sensing and was able to help 'fix' the problem by encouraging my wife to contact her parent's furnace professional. 


Just when it is easy to feel discouraged by the world we live in, I remind myself that our bodies were fearfully and wonderfully made and though we, at times, may feel a lack of purpose, God reminds us we are every bit as important to the world around us!


No comments:

Post a Comment