Translate

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Like the snow that just fell, all of my wrongs of this life have been washed clean!




“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; Isaiah 1:18


As I looked out the window I could see blowing snow covering the ground. Once the snow started falling, it wouldn't quit until 5" covered the ground.

By lunchtime when I had to bring two packages to be mailed the traffic was already slow with drivers inching along, making their usual short trips into much longer ordeals. When I returned to the office, I started thinking ahead to the time I would need to shovel my driveway, path to the front door and clear my deck for the family dog and realized I really needed to leave work earlier than usual just to get home.

My mind began canvassing the landscape of white snow while reflecting God's sacrifice of his son, Jesus, so that we all may be 'white as snow' and all of our earthly sins erased.  

Pretend for a moment that you had a checkered past with things you're no longer proud of in your life. 

You walk into God's courtroom wearing jailhouse clothing while in handcuffs holding onto your papers that describe everything you did in life. Your court-appointed attorney had just finished 'coaching' you how you should act and what you should say when the God calls you to approach the bench. 

 For the first time in your life, you're scared because you're not sure how you are going to explain all of these things you're not proud of in your life 

Soon, there is a voice, " all rise for the Honorable Judge".  Your heart rate is rising while beads of sweat are pouring down your forehead when your court-appointed attorney nudges you it was time to stand.  The bailiff reads the charges written in the papers you carry before handing them to God.  God asks you, "how do you plead?"

Then, like a scene from one of those lawyer shows you remember watching, as a kid, you see a figure you soon recognize as Jesus- the one you received to when you were just 5 with your grandma. He approaches you and stands by your side.

Jesus knew your checkered past and he knew your trouble background when you were angry over your parent's divorce and when you tragically lose a family member.  Jesus slips the papers you are holding onto his hand and states, "not guilty your honor- my blood I shed covers all of his wrongs."  

God looks at the papers you were holding and instructs the bailiff to shred them.  Jesus, the one you received into your heart when you were just 5 gives you a huge bear hug and announce that you have been set free from the burden of your guilt.

As I look at the landscape of white fluffy snow, I was reminded that all of my wrongs, everything I ever thought, said or done,  have been washed clean because of what Jesus did on the cross for me.  He took the blows so I could stand blameless in front of God!

Now, that is good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment