Translate

Sunday, September 25, 2016

I am a living and breathing child of the king who has been redeemed. I am no longer to be tossed like a small boat on the sea of public opinion and volatile news feeds


Now I stand on solid ground,
and I will publicly praise the Lord.Psalm 26:12



Lately, I have been feeling as though I were a rudderless ship out on the open sea being tossed every which way by the 10-foot waves made bigger and stronger by the perilous seas. Each time I reach the peak of the next wave I see another one coming and I grab for dear life the sides of the boat hoping and praying I wouldn't be thrown overboard.

That is sort of what it feels like when I read the sensationalize news from the networks. Forgetting that the news they create is meant to sell advertisings dollars, I allow the impact of their news to filter into my mind where it ferments my brain cells until I start feeling the effects.

I have to keep reminding myself that I am a child of the King made in the very image of God, and for that matter so are you. The book of Ephesians refers to this very thing of what is presently happening to us with these words: 14 [g]As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness [h]in deceitful scheming; 15 but [i]speaking the truth in love,

Lately, I have taking control over what I allow to enter my mind by unfollowing these sensationalize news feeds. My faith as a believer in Jesus Christ was built on solid ground, not the tumultuous sea of public opinion and sensationalize news.

Remember, my friend, the next time you are feeling the effects of reading too many sensualize newsfeeds that you are a child of the King made with a better purpose. I would encourage you to fill your mind with the encouraging words of Jesus by memorizing those verses so, in time, you will find encouragement in them. If you are interested in memory packs, I highly recommend this system and I am posting this link here for you.

You are a child of the King, made in the very image of God who has given you a solid foundation to stand on!



No comments:

Post a Comment