Translate

Sunday, November 23, 2014

From what I could tell last night at Legacy Christian Academy, God does really make all things new again!



28 And we know that to them that love God all things work together for good, even to them that are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28


Last night my wife and I went back to Legacy Christian Academy to watch as many of Maria's classmates acted in Pride and Prejudice. From I could see as I talked with people God really does make all things new again!

I crossed paths with  Joe who just 7 years ago was in the throes of despair when his wife died from her disease. His wife was their for my wife during her grief journey, praying fervently with her and leaving encouraging pearls of wisdom from God's word that the holy spirit had laid on her heart to share. God made all things new for him when a new Christian lady came into his life.  Joe's son, Jake, was elevated to the rank of Principal to guide this school. This man of God, who refused to compromise God's word, found himself in a new role to guide this school on Christian principles.

Then there were the girls Maria became good friends with during her short stay on earth. Friends, I remember, who were there when we celebrated Maria's earthly birthday parties. Friends who were profoundly impacted when Maria left this place prematurely. Many of her friends were in the play we saw last night.  There was Jillian who had one of the major roles in the play. Then there was Ashley who did an amazing job in that production.  I crossed paths with her dad, one of the people that wasn't afraid to talk to me when I was in the depths of my despair. I could tell from all the moment I walked into that school that no longer did I feel like turning around and running from the previous images I felt shortly after our loss, but I could with a smile on my face enjoy the play with many of her earthly friends.

I learned something else while watching this production and that is the importance of leaning into your grief  and trusting that God knows what he is doing with it. Avoid trying to bury your grief in hopes it will just go away.

Then there is the song posted on this blog. A song sung by Steven Curtis Chapman who God also made all things new again when his daughter Maria left their family prematurely 1 year after our tragedy.

 God really is in the business of making all things new again!

No comments:

Post a Comment