Translate

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Border Battle................A Heavenly glimpse


19 [a]Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you [b]always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 29:19-20


Tonight, a border battle between the Green Bay Packers and the Minnesota Vikings is occurring to see which team will have bragging rights over the other. A co-worker, a Christian, was amazed how fanatical people can be watching a football game. Then she added, "if only Christians can get as excited about their faith as those fans."

That evening I drifted off to sleep. Not long after, I awoke standing on a high bluff. As my eyes became more focused I could see a huge panoramic view of what I knew was some of the most incredible views I have ever seen. Not even our families trip to the Grand Canyon could compared to the views I was presently seeing.

I could see mountains. I saw nature like I had never seen. Lakes. Incredible lush trees. Wild life of every kind. Cities in all directions. In one direction I could hear the most beautiful worship songs coming from people/  I focused my eyes and saw people of all nationalities standing and singing together. I saw light skin people, darker skin people, and every color in between singing together as if they had forgotten their differences that kept them apart on earth. I saw people in bodies that were healthy.

I saw worship like I had never heard before. People of all colors singing praises to Jesus Christ. I heard impromptu praise in the form of 'Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus breaking out all over like I heard last Sunday when Viking fans were calling Teddy, Teddy, Teddy every time this young sensation came on the field.

I saw that there were no wars, no fighting in this place. I heard no arguments.Every Nationality, every tribe got along as if they had forgotten their differences that separated them on earth. In this place I saw Jesus as the focus of their worship. I also saw food, lots of food, healthy food being served to  people. I saw celebrations with laughter such I have never heard on earth.

Then I woke up.  I was reminded once again that my life continues with a purpose. To tell everyone about the life changing power of Jesus Christ. To share the love of Jesus to every Muslim,  to every Jewish person, and everyone in between. My life was forever changed in 1974 when someone shared the love of Jesus in my life. Why should I deny others of the same life giving source as I experience then?

No comments:

Post a Comment