Translate

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A former Jihad Muslim shares his testimony of become a Christian



His name (Ishmael) was given by God through the angel, and stands as a perpetual reminder of God's mercy. Ishmael means “God hears” - and understands, and will respond in your times of need. It's in the Bible, the Torah, Genesis 16:7-11, RSV. “The angel of the Lord found her by a spring of water in the wilderness the spring on the way to Shur. And he said, "Hagar, maid of Sarai, where have you come from and where are you going?" She said, "I am fleeing from my mistress Sarai." The angel of the Lord said to her, "Return to your mistress, and submit to her." The angel of the Lord also said to her, "I will so greatly multiply your descendants that they cannot be numbered for multitude." And the angel of the Lord said to her, "Behold, you are with child, and shall bear a son; you shall call his name Ishmael; because the Lord has given heed to your affliction.”

My wife and I saw the latest Left behind movie last night and later that evening I decided to espouse more on this movie.

More than a movie about pilot-less airplanes crashing into the ground, school buses going off bridges and utter chaos breaking out in the shopping mall when thousands of little children perish leaving nothing but their clothes in their parents arms, this movie is a wake up call to all of us about the coming days.
Let me clarify that no one knows the hour, day or age that this will occur (Matthew 24:26), but one day our Lord and Savior will come and gather those that know him and bring them to heaven. The good news of Jesus Christ is that he wants NO-ONE to perish and he wants everyone to come to him.

Like a good shepherd he is looking for every lost sheep. (Matthew 18:12). There are many who have delayed making the decision to accept Christ believing they still have time after they see the world, accomplish some business deals, raise a family, seek their career objectives and in their mind they believe they have time to seek what God has to offer.

In the scriptures there is a passage in the book of Luke 15:11-32 that talks about the prodigal son. In this passage the man had two sons. One son did all the right things that pleased his father while the other son asked for his portion of the inheritance so he could go off on a journey. This son lead a life of wanton pleasure, but when a severe famine came across the land he lost everything and came back to his father and begged him to make him a common farm hand knowing that they ate better than he was currently.

The reaction of his father was one of excitement when he saw his son return through the gates. He hugged his son and slaughtered a calf in his honor. What this passage illustrates is the love God has for everyone out there who considers themselves to be prodigal son's and daughter's.

God did one thing better. He killed for all time the need for Jewish people to offer 3 daily sacrifices,;he kill for all time for those of the Muslim faith the need to perform daily rituals and he killed for all time our belief that we have to be perfect in every way to please God. Our God has enough love in his heart for all people. Every Jewish person, every person of the Muslim faith, every Asian, and anyone else searching but not finding a purpose for life's existence. No matter where you in in this life we are all prodigal son's and daughters. We are all rebelling against God which is why everyone of us need a Savior. God provided that Savior to bring everyone to him. 
https://www.biblegateway.com/devotionals/case-for-christ-bible/2011/01/06


In the book of Revelation are written these words (Revelation 3:20) 'Behold I stand at the door and knock. If ANYONE hears my voice and OPENS the door, I will come into him, and eat with him and he with me' If you do not know this Savior he is right now knocking at the door of your heart.

The question becomes will you (a) ignore the knock and continue leading the life you want to lead, (b) open the door and invite Jesus to come in and change you from the inside out, (c) or will you tell whoever is out there to go away because you have no need for him?

In the spring of 1974 I heard his voice in a tiny little church 'coffee house' in Minnetonka, Minnesota. I opened that door and invited him into my life.That evening he came and made a place in my heart. . I can honestlytell you that it was the greatest decision on all my life. If you are wondering about this Jesus after seeing the Left Behind movie please do one thing better and pray this prayer:

Dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I have searched far and wide for the truth. My college professors didn't have it. The far eastern religions didn't offer it. The rituals didn't offer it and were too exhausting with no promise at the end. You alone make it possible to know eternal life. I open the door to my heart and invite you to come into my life. I know from your word, John 3:16 and 1 John 5:13 that I have the assurance of salvation. Thank you Jesus for this free gift offered to me with no strings attached.

If you said this prayer you can be assured that you will never be Left Behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment