Translate

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Walking Through Catastrophic Grief | Kay Warren


Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.




Recently, I had the chance to listen to Kay Warren, the wife of Pastor Rick Warren, as she shared her grief journey of the loss of her son to suicide.  She described Catastrophic death like going through a series of doors and finding other doors that lead to unresolved grief.

 She encouraged anyone going through catastrophic grief to avoid the temptation of wanting to close those doors simply because you do not want to go there, but to find trusted listeners who are willing to ride this type of grief with you. 

She concludes her message with a message of hope in that it is possible to recover from this type of grief.  I definitely could relate to this message as it was almost 7 years ago now that we lost our little girl. She would of course be 17 now and a junior in high school. Only by leaning into my grief and sharing my story and finding trusted listeners was I able to have normalcy return to my life. I hope you find this video helpful in the recovery process of your grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment