Translate

Monday, May 26, 2014

God does his greatest work in healing the lives of wounded peopld



1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bore our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live to righteousness: by whose stripes you were healed

Over the years I have had many conversations with broken and wounded people. Woman, whose husbands have left their families, men, who's wives have left them, and children caught in the middle trying to escape the harsh words coming from both directions.

 Wounded children grow up to become wounded adults tossed in the wind like a ship without a sail. Men and Woman of abandonment are tossed  in the wind trying disparately to find out what just happened to them.    Fortunately, there are well trained professional Christian therapist's to turn to when a crisis hits. All you have to do is google Christian therapists in your area to find them. There are also great treatment programs like Minnesota Adult an Teen Challenge to help those in crisis who found hope in all the wrong places.

God had a plan that became a reality when he sent his son into the world to bore all of mankind's wounded sins.  He had a plan when he gave us His owner's manual to help us heal. He helped us see in the lives of David, Samson, Noah, and many others God used despite of their wounds.

 As you read the scriptures you become intrigue by the notion that God chose to use wounded people as his instruments. In John 9 some one asked Jesus why this man was born blind while presuming that it was because he had sinned, or his parents had sinned.  What they heard was the opposite of what they thought: 'This man was born this way so that the works of God can be shown through him.'   Out of man's weakness God demonstrates power. Out of his hopelessness God brings hope.

No matter what your wounds look like God wants to heal you. No matter how  deep those wounds go God wants to use you.  If you do not know the Savior Jesus Christ you can by simply by praying this prayer:

 'Dear Jesus,  I know I am wounded. I know that you do your greatest work through wounded people. Make me one of those people Jesus. I know I am a sinner and that you bore my sins on the cross 2000 years ago and that you died and came back to life to take heaven's reign. I open the door of my heart and ask you to come in and be with me all the rest of the days of my life. Thank you Jesus for your free gift of eternal life. Use my weaknesses for your glory. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment